Personal Trainer South Melbourne
I have the expertise to take you where you want to be.
Your health, fitness and wellbeing is my priority.
Why choose me?
- I am local, I provide Personal Training around South Melbourne suburbs.
- Currently in the Fitness Industry since 1989 making positive changes in many clients lives.
- Qualified and experienced to rehabilitate and prevent injury, postural problems and muscle imbalances.
- Currently running accredited Personal Training workshops.
- Transforming people with chronic pain challenges into achievable results.
- An industry leader in designing fun and productive training sessions.
- Former writer for Australian Women’s Health.
- Former lecturer at Holmesglen Institute of Tafe. Australia.
It’s easy to see Anthony loves his job and genuinely wants to help his clients. He brings a sense of humour and a huge amount of knowledge to his sessions. I would highly recommend Anthony to anyone looking for a great Personal Trainer.
Functional movement training
With functional movement & strength exercises I help train your muscles to work together. I train your muscles by simulating common movements you might do at home, at work or in sports. By using various muscles in the upper and lower body I help you improve your core stability.
- Accredited KLT (Kinetic Link Training) Functional Strength Coach.
- Gray Institute. CAFS (Certification of Applied Functional Science)
- PTA (Personal Training Academy) Global Mentorship. Level 1 & 2.
- Gray Institute. Procedos Certified Trainer.
- VIPR (Vitality, Performance and Reconditioning) Certified Trainer.
I love the fun,challenging and enjoyable programs Anthony puts together. Each training program is tailored for you, so you can achieve exactly what you have discussed. You can tell he has a lot of experience. I would recommend Anthony to anyone, at whatever level of fitness.
Vision Training is fast becoming the latest way to get an edge over the competition. I help with a blend of optometry, sports vision training and brain training. I will not only exercise your eye muscles, but all the neural systems involved.
- ZHealth: Essentials of Elite Performance.
- AMN Academy: Brain Based Flexibility Training.
- Current Concussion Evaluation & Treatment.
- Ocular Neuro Rehabilitation.
- Certificate in Vestibular Rehabilitation.
- EMDR ( Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing Therapy) Diploma Course.
Thanks to Anthony’s expertise, my bouts of dizziness, vertigo and nausea have disappeared, and my life has returned to normal.
Posture and Balance
Good posture and standing up straight is important for balance because you centre your weight over your feet. I help you maintain correct form while exercising which results in fewer injuries and greater gains. Working on balance will strengthen your abilities in any sport or activity.
- KLT (Kinetic Link Training) Screening: Functional Mobility & Control.
- Gait Analysis and Retraining.
- Balance Evaluation and Treatment – Level 1 & 2.
- Forward Head Posture Management (FHP).
- Evaluating and Treating SLS – Short Leg Syndrome.
- FMS ( Functional Movement Screen) Certification.
- Advanced Postural Analysis and Applied Exercise Prescription Certificate.
- CFPS (Certified Fall Prevention Specialist).
Anthony is an amazing trainer. I have never met anyone who has trained me as good as he does. He has focused on my body strength and posture. Being a hairdresser I always have so much pain in my back due to bad posture from standing at work. I will definitely keep training with him forever.
Sports Injury Rehabilitation
With sport injury rehabilitation I help your suffering from pain or injury involving the musculoskeletal system. I help reduce your pain using exercise, movement and manual based therapeutic interventions.
- Certificate in Orthopedic Rehabilitation.
- The Trophic Factor: Central Sensitisation and Chronic Pain.
- P-DTR ( Proprioceptive- Deep Tendon Reflex ) Neurological Manual Muscle Testing.
- MAT ( Myoskeletal Alignment Techniques ) Freedom Pain Institute: Posture. Pain. Performance.
- ACT ( Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) for Chronic Pain.
- Certificate in Pain Assessment and Management.
- Pilates Essentials for Physiotherapists.
- Rehab Trainer: Master Rehab Certification.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Practitioner Certificate.
- Rehabilitation of the Shoulder Course.
- Kinesiology Taping Practitioner Certification.
- Treating Hip Pain / Dysfunction.
- Stretching for Pain Relief and Rehabilitation.
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Assessment (DNA) Optimising Assessment.
- Primitive Reflex Integration for Neurodevelopmental Disorders.
After years of struggling with severe pain when walking long distances and having to wear expensive and uncomfortable orthotics, Anthony has helped me gain back strength, mobility and balance. Now I can hike for hours with no orthotics or pain!
Trigger Point Therapy
Trigger point therapy refers to the treatment of myofascial trigger points that are found in your muscles and fascia. Trigger points can be found anywhere on your body and are one of the most common causes for chronic musculoskeletal pain. I am a certified trigger point therapist and I can release these painful and tense points and assist in achieving long-term results. My methods include Trigger Point Therapy and Manual Therapy.
- Myofascial Cupping Practitioner Certification.
- IASTM ( Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization) Certification.
- Dalton Myoskeletal: Treating Trapped Nerves.
- Muscle Energy Technique: (MET).
- Craniosacral Therapy (CST).
- The Institute of Trigger Point Therapy: Clinical Trigger Point Therapy Course.
- Dry Needling Certificate.
- NAT (Niel Asher Technique) Trigger Point Therapy Level 3 Accredited Professional.
- Certificate of Remedial Massage.
- Certificate of Shiatsu and Advanced Massage.
I’m no gym junkie but I’ve been enjoying PT sessions with Anthony. He has helped me recover from shoulder, ankle and wrist injuries from skiing, working collaboratively with my GP and physiotherapist.
Nutrition and Fitness
Nutrition is the most important part of fitness. I will show you how to use food as your medicine to help you train harder, faster and longer than you have ever done before. I will tailor an exercise program to meet your goals and personal health needs and teach you the best way to exercise and motivate you.
- Certificate IV in Fitness (Personal Training)
- C.H.E.K. Institute – Scientific Back Training.
- C.H.E.K. Institute – Scientific Core Training.
- Precision Nutrition – PN Level 1 Certification.
- Fitness Professionals Guide to Strength Training for Older Adults.
- PNF (Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation ) Stretching for Personal Trainers.
- Progressive Resistance Strength Training following Stroke.
- ISAK (International Society for the Advancement of Kinanthropometry) Level 1 Anthropometry.
- Strength Training for Chronic Illnesses.
- IAPC (International Academy of Physical Conditioning) Bodybuilding and Contest Preparation Certificate.
- NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) Professional Presenting.
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training.
- Provide First Aid.
- Foundation of Heart Rate Variability. (HRV)
- ASCA – Australian Strength and Conditioning Association. Strength and Conditioning Level 1.
- Core-Tex Reactive Trainer. Master Trainer Certification.
- TRX (Total Body Resistance Exercise) Suspension Training Certification.
- SMR (Self Myofascial Release) Foam Roller Certification.
- Level 1 Kettlebell Certificate.
- BOSU (Both Sides Utilised) Ball Certification.
- Australian Academy of Boxing-Focus Pads Certificate.
- Kit Laughlin’s Strength and Flexibility Workshop.
I am enormously grateful for having found Anthony. He has helped me with my rehabilitation and training. His patience and guidance has been awesome! He has also taught me how to love exercise and because of that, I have not only lost weight, I feel a lot stronger and more confident than ever before. It’s actually been life changing!